Williams & Gosling Pte Ltd, a market leader in freight and logistics, is part of a wider group of companies owned by Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL), a sister Company to FIJI Water. NPDL operates market leading brands in shipping and logistics services across 18 Pacific Island markets. The Company is vertically integrated providing supply chain solutions between worldwide markets and the Pacific Islands. NPDL is the largest carrier in its core Pacific Island markets operating eight container ships and servicing 18 Pacific Island nations.
We currently have a great opportunity for the position of Billing Officer based at our Nadi office who will be responsible to ensure the transparent and accurate processing of financial information which is reliable and maintained in a professional manner.
- Assist with the invoicing and recharging of all profit centers at Nadi Branch
- Job reconciliation of all Nadi Branch Profit Centers
- Reply to queries, un-invoiced lists and GP confirmations
- Process IATA batch postings
- Check the job status on payment vouchers for respective departments prior to AP postings
- Oversee and ensure that all queries are dealt with appropriately to avoid any delay in payments looking at the various depts
- Ensure that all processed invoices are batched and handed over to operations team for deliveries
- Follow up on payments with clients where necessary
- Provide assistance with the maintaining of all COD accounts
- Keep a record of all good paying clients as well as those accounts that are in the 90, 120 (+) plus days
- Quality check all relevant documents to accompany invoices
- Have the final check on all costs and revenue for job # and accounts
- Immediately update any discrepancy in terms of documents or other information relevant to shipment
- Other tasks related to position as and when required
- At a minimum, a Diploma in in Business Accounting desirable
- 1-2 years experience in Accounts or Finance role in the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Office)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven knowledge of accounting software- Logisys or Cargowise preferable
- Have strong time management skills and high degree of attention to detail
- Self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed
- Able to read documentation including BOL, invoices, Delivery Orders
- Knowledge in EDI, costing and revenue
- Competitive benefits package (salary plus bonus).
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility.
- Wonderful Giving - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects.
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are a self-starter with an interest in developing your skills in the logistics industry, then this could be you.
Application close on 27 November, 2023 and can be submitted online.
To be considered for this role you must have the legal right to live and work in Fiji.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.