JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is located in the Paso Robles region of California's Central Coast. We operate with a desire to make world-class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area. We take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques.
Are you an innovative, solutions-driven leader in warehouse management and logistics? At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we are seeking a Warehouse Manager for our new state-of-the-art distribution warehouse. This leader is someone who appreciates working in the business while working on the business. We are focusing on continually improving the way JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery delivers products to our customers. In the position of Warehouse Manager, this person will be responsible for the execution of set-up and operations of the warehouse. The Warehouse Manager will hire and lead a team of up to 20+ employees.
This position will report and work directly with the AVP of Winemaking Operations and will be based in Paso Robles, CA on the beautiful Central Coast.
- Oversee daily management of logistics, fulfillment, and transportation activities, eliminating waste and increasing profitability
- Maintain inventory, shipping and receiving accuracy through applying company procedures using the current warehouse management software, and audit of the same to verify results
- Monitor efficiency and accuracy using pre-established metrics or add new ones to meet external and internal performance goals
- Manage real time operations and facilitates the maximization of resources (human and automated)
- Ability to develop both short-term and long-term plans and execute to budget for labor and other resources based on projected volumes.
- Establish, maintain, and promote high standards of customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain Health and Safety compliance and ensure orderly and safe working conditions of work areas, grounds, trucks, tools, fixtures, and equipment, and arrange for repairs or replacements as needed
- Supervise Warehouse Team (20 staff) and motivate personnel to achieve department standards, goals for safety cost and on-time performance
- Assist in the development and implementation of training and cross-training for all phases of the operation
- Lead and sustain lean initiatives designed to improve processes or continuous improvement projects throughout the facility
- Develop and support departmental projects and initiatives to reach optimal level of efficiency
- Partner with Production and DTC teams for planning of bottling and shipping schedules
- Collaborate with internal departments such as Transportation, Production, and Logistics to plan all inbound and outbound shipments
- Develops productive working relationships with other supervisors, corporate and local associates
- Cultivate new vendor relationships to support supply chain and business needs
- Create standardized work instructions, layouts, and process flow diagrams
- Assist with the coordination and assigning of daily/weekly work schedules. Includes on-the-floor evaluations and workload adjustments
- Interview, hire, train, and coach warehouse staff
- Champion WOW, the company's continuous improvement program
- Bachelor’s degree required with Logistics or Supply Chain focus
- 5+ years of warehouse and/or fulfillment center experience, preferably within the food & beverage industry
- 4+ years of supervisory experience, preferably within a warehouse and/or fulfillment center environment
- Experience with Warehouse Management inventory systems
- High-level proficiency or above in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office programs
- Strong project management skills to complete deliverables promptly
- Experience with warehouse automation/IT implementations preferred
- Forklift Operation experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- Prior experience with continuous improvement projects and initiatives
Pay Range: $120,000 - $140,000 base salary and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos.
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.