JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is located in the Paso Robles region of California's Central Coast. We operate with a desire to make world-class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area. We take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques.
The Controller will oversee all accounting activities and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP including month end close, fixed assets, production and cost accounting. The ideal candidate is someone who has at least 10+ years of corporate accounting in addition to 3+ years of public accounting. This role requires a seasoned Controller with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an outstanding ability to build relationships with the executive team, senior management, peers and subordinates. Candidate should enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex environment where you will drive process improvements and develop the accounting team.
This position can be based in either Los Angeles, CA or Paso Robles, CA.
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting department including production accounting activities
- Review all month‐end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, and cost allocations
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Partner with FP&A to ensure transaction accounting provides data necessary to monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and explain the variances, in actionable terms
- Oversee Sales & Use Tax accounting and reporting process as well as handling business licenses and all government finance requirements
- Liaise with Corporate Treasury to properly forecast and manage cash balances.
- Reconciliation of GAAP to Management financials
- Work with Tax team and provide information needed to ensure tax compliance and preparation of tax provision
- Enhance IT systems to standardize, streamline and ensure proper controls are in place
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the Accounting department and each associate
- Lead, mentor and develop the Accounting team, Providing coaching and hands-on assistance as needed
- Manage accounting-related projects
Pay Rate: $135,000-185,000 base salary and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- 10+ years of corporate accounting, including 3+ years of public accounting
- CPA required; strong working knowledge of cost accounting and associated GAAP matters
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule depending on business needs (up to 20% travel primarily within California)
- Excellent accounting background and knowledge of accounting and finance compliance, month end closing, general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems –Oracle Fusion and Oracle Financial Consolidation & Close Cloud (FCCS) experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Experience with preparing, coordinating, and conducting audit activities with Big 4 auditors, as well as bank audits
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication, strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage and motivate geographically dispersed teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Training in continuous improvement and project management
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.