From farm to table, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company committed to offering high-quality, healthy, and iconic brands such as Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, FIJI Water, and POM Wonderful. We’re looking to make the world a healthier place through an uncompromising commitment to the well-being of our employees and their families.
Our Global Sourcing department is looking for a Category Manager to lead the development, implementation, and ongoing management of innovative and transformative strategies for the Logistics category. Beyond strategic sourcing activities, the Logistics Category Manager understands external variables, learns the internal landscape of The Wonderful Company (requirements, organizational structure, priorities), and leverages relationships to successfully develop category strategies that utilize various value levers to deliver improved cost, reduced risk, and more efficient programs to our clients.
As Logistics Category Manager, you will play a pivotal role in fostering collaboration across different teams to optimize our enterprise supply chain. This role is instrumental in maintaining a competitive edge in the market and driving efficiencies across the enterprise’s global supply chain.
Overall spend responsibility will exceed $250 million.
This position will participate in our hybrid work model (MTW in office). Our office is located at 11444 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064.
- Develop short-term and long-term strategies for Freight / Logistics Services to reduce cost, increase performance, and support company objectives. Drive consolidation of spend and identify potential synergies across teams. Collaborate with business teams to assess, plan, and execute.
- Develop, engage, and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, risk management, sustainability, and innovation. Collaborate with transportation teams to effectively manage relationships with major logistics partners and actively address performance or other issues.
- Spearhead major logistics projects on behalf of and across business teams, including: network optimization / design, transportation optimization, in-sourcing / private fleet assessment, forward distribution planning, transportation management system evaluation, supply chain evaluation implementation, customer claims reduction, shipment consolidation, and sustainability projects
- Ensure successful execution of transportation RFPs in collaboration with transportation teams. Provide support as needed throughout bid lifecycle, including: planning, preparation of bid materials, creation of bid in eRFx system, analysis of pricing and award scenarios, communication and negotiation with carriers, and execution of contracts.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the category. Conduct research into market and competitive conditions. Regularly review the impact of macro-economic, and “supply/demand” dynamics on the category, assessing trends and providing insights to transportation, procurement, and other teams impacted by transportation market. Proactively identify, alert stakeholders about, and problem-solve potential disruptions (e.g., work stoppages, new regulations, fuel price changes, carrier bankruptcies). Use market data to regularly benchmark rates and identify opportunities.
- Stay up to date on and help inform teams about current best practices and issues within category (e.g., sustainability, carrier management, systems, network design, automation).
- 5-8 years of strategic sourcing experience required, preferably with 3+ years sourcing Freight / Logistics Services
- Extensive experience sourcing services such as: ocean freight, drayage, air cargo, parcels, LTL, truckload, rail, intermodal, and warehousing services
- Experience in sourcing for the Consumer Packaged Goods or Food & Beverage industry
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Knowledgeable in benchmarking, indexes, and competitive data.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in related field such as Supply Chain Management or Global Logistics
Pay Rate: $130,000-140,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $2.5BN invested in education, health and wellness, community development, and sustainability initiatives across California’s Central Valley, Fiji, and the world.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products, and its core values, please visit wonderful.com, or follow The Wonderful Company on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. To learn more about the company’s corporate social responsibility impact, visit csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.