Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Safety Supervisor drives and maintains a safe work environment by overseeing safety and security operations, developing and enforcing safety policies to ensure a safe work environment for employees, temporary employees, contractors and visitors.
Here's what you'll do:
- Investigates serious injuries in conjunction with line and staff personnel. Notifies management of pertinent details.
- Guides and assists plant personnel at locations with critical safety and health opportunities.
- Develops direct reports through strategic growth or succession planning.
- Assists in the oversight of internal forklift and aerial lift certification processes.
- Works with professional organizations to promote goals and objectives in the health and safety area that affect the company’s business.
- Coordinates injuries with the worker’s compensation Department.
- Evaluate incident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure adequate investigation to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Ensures that the company complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaborates with EHS Training Supervisor to ensure training facilitation is cohesive with local EHS programs.
- Conducts audits to determine workplace hazards & development of corrective actions.
- Collaborate with 3rd party agencies responsible for conducting on-site assessments and audits.
- Work alongside business unit Supervisors & Managers to identify areas of opportunity to continually improve.
- Work within Oracle to create and request safety supplies and repair work orders.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy, including review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development.
- All other duties as assigned by the Safety Manager.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university in Business, Management, Occupational Safety, or related field and 5-7 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Understanding of packinghouse/warehouse processes and flow and farming operations.
- Well-developed observational and analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work flexible schedules/shifts as needed for 7-day operation.
- Proven skills for planning daily/weekly tasks and adapting to competing demands.
- Strong skills in developing relationships across all levels and functions.
- Knowledgeable in the application of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Knowledgeable of the worker’s compensation process.
- Experience in administering personnel policies and procedures.
- Must project a positive and professional image.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to make decisions within scope of job.
- Be readily receptive to additional training for the broadening of skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously within scope of job duties.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.