Are you an analytical and critical thinker looking for a challenging role and willing to apply your skills in the shipping and logistics industry?
Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) operates market leading brands in shipping and logistics services across 18 Pacific Island markets. NPDL is the largest carrier in its core Pacific Island markets operating eight container ships and servicing 18 Pacific Island nations.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Operations Support Analyst – Equipment (Temporary) to manage the accurate and timely allocation of all Equipment/Logistics Cost to support informed decision making. The term of employment for this role will extend for a period of 3-6 months dependent on performance. This involves managing multiple databases, aligning costs with supplier contracted rates, verifying and processing supplier invoices in a timely manner, on-charging cost, handling claims and credits, and generating regular reports on expenditures and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The Cost Analyst will collaborate with all Equipment teams and the wider NPDL business to identify process improvement opportunities and cost-effective options.
- Analyse and reconcile supplier invoices, disbursements, and recharges.
- Analyse spends trends, identifying patterns and insights to help optimize cost
- Manage and maintain all cost databases.
- Identify uncontracted values and key items.
- Document key processes and specific supplier agreements.
- Review and approve supplier invoices in line with agreed contracted rates, including but not limited to Storage, Handling, Container Rent, Quarantine, Transport, and Container Maintenance and Repair.
- Identify variances and rectify where required.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to verify information, resolve discrepancies
- Identify and report on spend trends, identifying variances by cost type.
- Investigate variance reasons and provide recommendations of corrective actions.
- Regular performance reporting and KPIs.
- Continuously evaluate and improve cost related processes and procedures. This could include identifying inefficiencies, recommending enhancements, and implementing automation tools or systems.
- Provide Equipment coordination support as required.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations.
- Other tasks as required.
- Approx 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Strong analytical skills, thorough understanding of MS Excel and similar.
- Structured approach, ensuring work is prioritised in line with agreed parameters.
- Collaborative team player, strong relationship-building, and active partnership with cross-functional teams
- Hands-on approach, working with the team to produce high quality work.
- Able to work to agreed deadlines, ensuring all assigned work is completed on-time / in-full.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility.
- Wonderful Giving - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects.
- Company focused on wellness and health.
If you believe you have what it takes, then today! Applications close on 20 November, 2023.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.