Wonderful Agency is the full-service, award winning, in-house agency that operates as exclusive creator of marketing communications and brand experiences for such iconic brands as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Wonderful Halos, JUSTIN, JNSQ and Landmark Wines, Teleflora and more.
The Nutrition Communications team specializes in outreach to nutrition experts, including media-facing dietitians and RDs (Registered Dietitians) in specific practice areas. As a member of the team, the Associate, Nutrition Communications is a highly organized professional with a passion for nutrition, health, and wellness. They play a unique role in supporting strategic internal and external communication efforts on behalf of The Wonderful Company. They are responsible for assisting with health and consumer media campaigns, building and maintaining relationships with press in the categories of top tier consumer health, health professionals, consumers, and lifestyle and food influencers.
This role will participate in our HYBRID work model (Mon-Wed in office, Thu-Fri remote) and is not eligible for fully remote. Our West Los Angeles office is located at 11444 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064.
- Daily traditional and social media monitoring, keeping a pulse point on what’s trending in the health & wellness space.
- Develop biweekly, monthly, and biannual coverage reports.
- Organize and maintain assets including archives of photos, recipes, handouts, branded premiums, and media clip files. Maintain media lists with current information for nutrition-related health outlets, lifestyle media, nutrition trades, and RD-driven social media.
- Support execution of campaigns and events: manage timelines, coordinate materials, drive relevant vendor conversations, create briefing books, staff events, and other details.
- Provide administrative support: manage invoices, order/ship products, coordinate team travel, and other duties as assigned.
- This position requires occasional travel and weekend event coverage.
- Credentialed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, communications, journalism, public relations, English or related business field.
- Interest in healthy eating with knowledge of dietetic community of nutrition professionals who work in media, retailer dietetics, sports nutrition, diabetes, culinary nutrition, and/or perinatal health is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to actively contribute to their team in order to complete tasks and meet goals.
- Desire to grow in the position and develop a career in Nutrition Communications
- Proactive approach to work with a desire to go above and beyond for the team.
- Accurate and consistent work product with attention to detail, with an eagerness to strengthen and refine writing, research, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience designing branded collateral in Canva is a plus, familiarity with AP style and standard PR tools (Cision, Critical Mention, Tribe Dynamics) is a plus
Pay Rate: $36.00 - $38.50 an hour and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos.
Wonderful Agency is the full-service in-house advertising and marketing agency at The Wonderful Company. Dedicated to creative excellence across all media (television, web, print, outdoor, POS, mobile and social media), Wonderful Agency builds consumer awareness and relevance across The Wonderful Company’s brands. This is accomplished by creating effective and innovative campaigns that match the quality of the highest echelon of global firms, while offering an environment that is far more entrepreneurial and fast-paced than a traditional agency. Wonderful Agency is highly integrated in direct brand and product development decisions with company owners, business unit leadership, legal, strategy and other key stakeholders.
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, POM Wonderful®, Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, Wonderful® Seedless Lemons, Teleflora®, JUSTIN® Wines, JNSQ™ Wines and Landmark® Wines.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.