Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Business Coordinator will assist the Quality Control Manager in managing the daily activities of his/her area including ownership of the results, coaching the full-time and temporary employees, interfacing with other departments and meeting departmental goals. One of the expectations of this position is that the candidate will be trained and will train and coach others to work in all functional areas of the departments including but not limited to Packing, Shipping, and WIP Inventory.
Here's what you'll do:
- Demonstrate proactive planning for the department and area in terms of next-day planning, safety, sanitation, maintenance, and team needs. Communicate with other areas in regard to scheduling and other production planning and shipping-related issues.
- Coordinate the start-up activities of the area including quality, inspection of fruit scheduled on production lines and/or aging inspections
- Coordinate grade activities and people to ensure Pre-grade fruit quality meets quality standards.
- Utilize an Oracle inventory system to apply and track quality trends
- Holds team members accountable when having performance, attendance or company policies outages
- Drive continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost Productivity and Utilization
- Conduct Safety and Food Safety audits to ensure compliance to PCA standards.
- Inspect equipment area and complete work orders as necessary.
- Responsible for operating computer systems to track quality trends and production activity of the production lines and the individual performances of the department.
- Daily auditing of the cleaning, inspections and 5S organization of the area. Teach and provide direction to employees to meet requirements.
- Interprets company policies and procedures to team members, and works with team members to resolve job problems.
- Ensure team members are trained in the safe, correct and efficient operation of equipment in their area.
- Coach and inspire each member of their area to achieve a higher level of performance. Be a good role model in the department
- Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 to 2 years of a leadership role in a production environment preferred.
- The position requires precision and is very detail-oriented.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Must work with fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and communication.
- Must have advanced computer skills; experience required using Microsoft Windows (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Basic mathematical skills required. Must understand ratios, minimums and maximums, and percentages.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced work setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.