Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Performs functions necessary to ensure trees receive scheduled irrigation water with minimum level of supervision. Performs general labor as needed. Operates farm tractors. Supervises work as authorized by Farm Supervisor and performs some administrative tasks.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Lead to schedule and coordinate work and personnel at direction of Farm Supervisor.
- Assist with training in job responsibilities and safety procedures.
- Lead Safety Moments during team meetings.
- Effectively Communicate with co-leads and supervisors about changes in daily assignments.
- Makes emergency daily assignment adjustments in the absence of the supervisor.
- Completes daily farming logs/records (spray, irrigation, fertilizer, bathroom, etc.)
- Operate company vehicles for the transport of materials, supplies and any other company needs.
- Controls over flow of water and distribution.
- Repairs and does field-level maintenance to irrigation system and equipment.
- Communicates with Water District and other external departments if necessary.
- Monitor team progress on daily assignments and report findings to supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping portable bathrooms accessible to crew members.
- Mark and report any pipeline or valve leaks and any unusual field or tree conditions.
- Operate wheel tractors with various attachments.
- Keep equipment clean and properly maintained for safe operation.
- Perform other responsibilities related to farming or as directed by supervisor.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to work alone without close supervision.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs on a continuous basis.
- Be able to do continuous bending, stooping and walking on a daily basis.
- If operating a company vehicle must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have adequate leadership and communication skills to direct, schedule and coordinate personnel and services.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.