Our mission is to transform the paradigm of health and wellness in California’s Central Valley, while dramatically improving health outcomes for The Wonderful Company’s employees, their families, and the communities in which they live and work. If you are a qualified Physical Therapy Assistant, you could be a part of a team that is evolving a new completely free model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive impact on the underserved and vulnerable populations we serve.
Giving back is at the heart of Wonderful, and you can learn more about what Corporate Social Responsibility means to us here.
We are seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant to join our Central Valley Health and Wellness team. The PTA/Coach will be based in Lost Hills, CA with support to clinics in Delano, CA and Avenal, CA. This individual will work primarily with our physical therapy team, but may also assist our team of clinicians, health coaches and social workers to provide wellness care to the company's employees and families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment by taking patient history;
- Perform ultrasound, electrical stimulation, apply hot/cold packs and other modalities as directed by physical therapist;
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments;
- Ensures clean physical therapy treatment area, maintains equipment and sanitizes patient treatment areas;
- Order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment;
- Maintain Electronic Medical Records, files and other information;
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality and provides excellent customer service.
Conditioning Coach duties:
- Following established medical guidelines, leads the implementation of our conditioning program using on-site or community-based exercise facilities;
- Works with patients to develop exercise plans, with a specific focus on individuals with chronic disease like diabetes, hypertension and obesity;
- Represents the organization at physical activity-based community events (e.g. Fun Runs), which may require occasional evening or weekend hours
- Plans, develops, implements and maintains physical activity-related wellness services and programs that meet established wellness objectives
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines
- Serves and protects the patient and wellness center community by adhering to professional standards, clinical policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local requirements
- Bachelor's degree in kinesiology, exercise physiology, or related field;
- Active PTA License issued by PT Board of CA;
- 2+ years' experience as a physical therapy aide or other relevant experience preferred
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of community wellness, nutrition, and physical fitness;
- Knowledge of Move 10 physical therapy modality;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and follow through;
- Strong program planning and presentation skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and significant activity;
- Ability to effectively champion wellness throughout the organization;
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for long durations of time;
- Ability to move and lift equipment and supplies of 30+ pounds;
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish, preferred.
This role is on-site in Lost Hills, CA.
Pay Range: $35.00-40.00/hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allows you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.