Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Under the direction of the Shipping Leads. Operator unloads pallets from inbound trucks and are placed on the dock for inspection. Fruit will go from docks to racks and occasionally it will go straight into the outbound trucks. Racks in cold storage tend to reach temperatures of 40 degrees to 52 degrees.
Under the direction of the Shipping Leads. Operator will load trucks with Finished Goods that may require case-picking products that may weigh up to 45 lbs. All transactions will be recorded with RF Scanner to ensure FIFO (first in first out) is followed.
Shipping is a Standup Forklift Position that may require standing for up to 2 hours continuously.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to drive a forklift in a safe, professional, and competent manner. Must be able to understand RF Scanners.
- Responsible for making sure that the warehouse is in prime condition and ready for everyday operations.
- Must ensure that fruit is placed on the processing line is properly accounted for and necessary paperwork is turned into the office.
- Operator is not limited to cleaning and sweeping the facility upon request.
- Makes the proper decisions in loading pallets at company standards (no broken or damaged pallets)
- Perform daily maintenance of forklift including cleaning, checking of oil, water, loose nuts, bolts, connections, and hydraulic hoses.
- May be required to lift to 50 lbs. from time to time.
- Other related duties.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift in confined areas with high levels of traffic.
- Must be able to do field-level maintenance of forklift.
- Must be willing and able to perform other general repair, maintenance, and loading tasks as will be assigned from time to time due to workload level.
- Must be able to stack palletized commodities safely and soundly to 2 bins high level.
- Must be aware of safety rules and regulations of forklift operations.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience operating a forklift / heavy machinery.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.