Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Operates forklift to move palletized fruit from set-off and storage areas to loading areas for truck and cold storage; may be required to bring filled and palletized fruit from packing area to storage or loading of trucks from time to time. May transfer other commodities where a forklift is needed.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to drive a Sit-Down / Stand Up forklift in a safe manner.
- Must be able to pull fruit from the palletizing area from time to time and properly store it.
- Adherence to production schedule and conveyance routes within cycle time.
- Support production standard work processes i.e., area boards
- Communicating with other areas about scheduling and other production-related issues.
- Responsible for tracking downtime, put-away, work order requests, and production results/costs.
- Submit work requests for equipment that is not in proper working order and strategize options for other means of performing without that equipment.
- Daily auditing of the cleanliness and 5S organization of the area.
- Lead root cause analysis, and problem-solving activities.
- High-Performance Work Team concept with emphasis on ownership and accountability to the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- H.S. School Diploma or GED; ability to read and write well.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- The position requires precision and is very detail-oriented.
- Ability to perform mechanical troubleshooting, especially related to forklifts.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Lead fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
- Must have good hand speed and the use of both hands to accomplish the above-described duties.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience operating a forklift / heavy machinery.
- Good problem-solving skills and communication
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.