Are you passionate about sustainable agriculture? Do you want to play a critical role in leading California’s major growers to adopt new methods of environmentally friendly farming?
Suterra is seeking a highly motivated person to join our grower relations team and continue to accelerate the growth of the world’s leading biopesticide company. If you are enthusiastic about helping growers produce a sustainable, high-quality crop, and you are energized by team collaboration – this is the role for you.
As a successful candidate, you will bring exceptional communication skills and process orientation to help develop grower relationships and drive the adoption of Suterra products across a wide variety of crops. You will be part of a world-class team with a winning, can-do attitude.
The position is remote and located in the Central Valley region of California to provide close proximity to large commercial growers of nuts, citrus, vines, and tree fruit. It is expected that travel may be as much as 75% during seasonal spikes, primarily to visit growers and attend industry events.
Come join a growing and knowledgeable team bringing leading-edge technology to growers across the globe!
Here's what you'll do:
- Establish and maintain productive, mutually beneficial relationships with key growers in key markets and crops.
- Execute grower relations and sales activities with results measured against targets.
- Work cross-functionally with all members of the Suterra Customer Facing Team to deliver an exceptional grower experience.
- Gather information on competitors, customers, and trends to make recommendations to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Create and maintain detailed contact records for each grower and grower inquiry.
- 4+ years of related key account sales experience or alternatively, grower relations experience in agriculture.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Advanced organizational, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in nuts, citrus, grapes, or other fruits and vegetables.
- Comfortable using technology to adhere to sales processes.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
Pay Range: $90k-$140k and may include a discretionary bonus dependent on skills and experience
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility.
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility.
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings.
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training.
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes.
Suterra is wholly owned by The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company, headquartered in Los Angeles, is privately held $6 billion global agribusiness company with consumer brands including Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, POM Wonderful®, FIJI® Water, JUSTIN® and Landmark® wines, as well as the Teleflora® flower delivery service.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.