Are you driven to win by supporting your teammates? Are you looking for a stable career path with room to grow? Do you want to play a part in supporting the world’s farmers to adopt new methods of sustainable agriculture?
Suterra is the world’s leading provider of bio-rational products for crop protection and commercial pest control. The company researches, develops and commercializes next-generation, sustainable agriculture technology using naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones.
Suterra is growing rapidly and investing heavily in chemical synthesis. Suterra’s parent company, The Wonderful Company, has invested over $80 million in a modern, state-of-the art facility in Bend, Oregon to synthesize active ingredients and to manufacture proprietary dispensing technologies. A number of molecules have already been scaled up to volumes that are the first of their kind, in the world. The latest phase of ongoing investment will dramatically increase capacity to power growth in markets around the globe.
Suterra is looking for a project engineer to join the team in Bend. The Project Engineer will lead the specification, installation and improvement of our equipment and utilities across the site. This successful candidate will also work closely and continuously with the leaders in process engineering, production, maintenance and environmental compliance to solve problems and to ensure safe, consistent operation of our assets to support our growth and meet market demand.
Capital Expenditure Projects
- Serving as lead for facility capital projects, problem-solving closely with the Suterra leadership team to address new opportunities in a manner consistent with the shareholder’s objectives.
- Acting as the “owner” of the functional specifications for buildings, infrastructure and equipment, and evaluating the feasibility of any changes or options proposed.
- Leading the launch of site expansions, including full testing and validation of all affected systems, processes and equipment.
Equipment Engineering / Systems
- Developing the organization and control for the documentation of critical assets:
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Equipment manuals, Equipment IDs and Operating and Maintenance manuals
- Site / building / architectural drawings
- Design references (CAD, certifications, ratings)
- Leading projects for facility systems, including closure of punch lists from past projects.
- Fostering collaboration with Process Engineering to identify the root cause of equipment issues and helping to implement the selected solution.
- Driving operational initiatives to ensure equipment health, schedule adherence and efficiency.
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs to drive safety, quality and efficiency improvements.
- Providing systems for scheduling, coordinating and tracking maintenance activities.
- Optimizing our spare part and rental equipment strategy to balance availability and holding costs.
- Developing proposals and business cases for in-house versus outsourced maintenance activities.
- Leading the selection of vendors for outsourced maintenance services and driving vendor performance to meet our requirements.
- Analyzing and authorizing service agreements and contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in capital projects, maintenance, and/or production roles.
- Proven ability to coordinate cross-functional teams, drive accountability and solve problems.
- Experience with lean manufacturing disciplines and continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and to make effective decisions quickly.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including hazardous material, air emissions and water discharge.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork at multiple levels and across multiple functions of the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Suterra is wholly owned by The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company, headquartered in Los Angeles, is privately held $6 billion global agribusiness company with consumer brands including Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, POM Wonderful®, FIJI® Water, JUSTIN® and Landmark® wines, as well as the Teleflora® flower delivery service.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.