You may know us for our Wonderful Pistachios, POM Wonderful Juice, Wonderful Halos, and Seedless Lemons, but we're all one Wonderful -- and we have an excellent opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL with experience specifically doing direct selling into Kroger and Jewel-Osco at the headquarter level.
The Regional Sales Manager is a key player on the Wonderful Team and is expected to be a strategic, proactive, creative problem solver with a demonstrated track record of professional & persuasive sales skills. We are looking for someone who understands healthy, high-quality products and is passionate about driving quality and volume. This role reports to the Vice-President of Sales, Central U.S.
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will lead strategic planning, execute brand plans, and through collaboration with the cross-functional teams, you will maximize our volume and the customer’s growth potential. You will be responsible for customer headquarter account management within our grocery channel in the states of IL, WI, and MO, including key retailers such as Jewel-Osco, ALDI, Kroger, Fresh Thyme, and Schnucks, along with other grocery retailers, Independents, and wholesalers.
- Sell product programs directly to key buyers at grocery corporate headquarters by capitalizing on solid business relationships and capturing opportunities with a creative approach to satisfy brand goals and maximize volume
- Create tailored persuasive sales presentations for category managers at the corporate level
- Develop key multi-level relationships with the retail customer
- Manage a trade fund budget for each brand group
- Understand business metrics by examining shipments and syndicated data and leveraging information to influence business decisions.
- Collaborate and communicate retailer plans with the Wonderful Sales Merchandising team to guide in-store execution
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams including marketing, operations, and merchandising
- Surface volume-building opportunities to Vice President and Marketing teams
- Actively participate in the development and execution of e-commerce initiatives at the customer and collaborate with the Wonderful Company E-Commerce team
- Demonstrate a high sense of urgency through tactful persistence
- Effectively manage administrative selling activities, including forecasting and demand planning
- Network within the industry and at key customer events/initiatives. The successful candidate is expected to build and leverage a strong network across accounts and within the produce industry
- At least 5 - 7 plus years of proven success in direct selling branded, perishable CPG products, demonstrating progressive responsibility and achievements
- Experience selling multiple product lines - ideally from various companies or brands - to multiple headquarter accounts, specifically into grocery retail focusing on Jewel-Osco and Kroger
- Possess direct selling experience versus simply managing a brokered or third-party sales team
- Knowledge of technology and software tools to (1) prepare and deliver persuasive sales presentations, (2) prepare and track sales forecasts, and (3) track key account activities throughout the year
- Strong appreciation for the Wonderful Company’s values and culture, especially related to health, wellness and philanthropy - Wonderful CSR
- Must be able to travel up to 40% for customer meetings, trade shows, collaboration, and conferences
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Wonderful Sales™ is the sales and merchandising organization for The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, POM Wonderful®, Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, Wonderful® Seedless Lemons, Teleflora®, JUSTIN® Wines, JNSQ® Wines, and Landmark® Wines.
The Wonderful Sales team is responsible for the sales of Wonderful produce items through supermarkets and retailers across the U.S. and Canada. Our associates support nearly 20,000 stores and are devoted to promoting our high-quality branded products. The team consists of sales professionals, merchandisers, a direct store delivery group in New York, and a Los Angeles-based headquarters staff, which includes finance, analytics, and support.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.