Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Directs and performs a variety of duties related to planning and scheduling work requested by Operations and Reliability Supervision. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler/Clerk is responsible for the overall planning and scheduling efforts of maintenance required, unplanned shut downs, and routine cleaning cycle turnarounds within the assigned area of responsibility. This position serves as a liaison between Reliability and Operations for planning and scheduling functions necessary to maintain and improve equipment and process reliability.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Receive maintenance work requests from operations and reliability supervision through Oracle notification processes.
- Generate work orders for planned work through Oracle and manage unplanned work through the DIN (Do It Now) process.
- Evaluate critical information received on the DIN notification to ensure it meets the minimum standards and confer with operations or reliability supervision for any deficiencies.
- Identify priority placed on work request, add request to backlog, and proceed accordingly.
- Manage area of responsibility’s backlog using Oracle.
- Walk down each work request in its entirety prior to building job plan.
- Build job packets per procedure, assigning appropriate maintenance personnel as needed.
- Ensure that all safety aspects of planned work have been reviewed and appropriate safety non-generic guidelines/equipment/PPE has been included in the job plans.
- Eliminate safety hazards when planning jobs (documents hazards that cannot be eliminated in job plan)
- Order parts necessary to complete the job planned and expedite parts if necessary to meet the priority placed on the work request via requisitions.
- Set up proper BOM’s (Bill of Materials) as needed if not included in Oracle CMMS when setting up job plans.
- Work with contractors to develop work scope and quote packages for vendor work and conduct pre-execution meetings as needed.
- Work with external contractors to quote appropriate parts as per reliability standards and documentation.
- Schedule, coordinate, and procure all sub-contractor assistance, rental equipment, and/or specialty tools necessary to execute the job planned.
- Work with parts room clerk to kit correct parts as per work order requirements.
- Stage all parts for jobs planned and return all unused parts to stores at the completion of all planned jobs.
- Schedule and lead daily maintenance meetings for assigned areas of responsibility to communicate jobs that have been planned and pre-decided with operations and reliability engineers.
- Communicate the job plan to reliability engineers and walk through the job, if necessary, prior to the day work is scheduled to be executed. Pass on the job packets and identify staging location of all parts to the area managers.
- Communicate schedule to operations and reliability supervision. Gain agreement for the published schedule and do our best to ensure compliance.
- Modify stored job plans per feedback received from mechanics that executed the job.
- Close all work orders within area of responsibility after all operations have been completed within the work order.
- Ensure all repairable parts removed from plant during planned jobs are sent to repair shop.
- Work with other planners for sharing task lists and stored plans to leverage knowledge where possible to ensure maximum resource utilization and prudent cost controls are used.
- Use manuals, drawings, sketches, digital cameras and knowledge obtained through on-the-job experience to prepare manpower estimates and materials, special tooling, and equipment lists necessary for maintenance employees to properly perform their assigned tasks.
- Backfill or assist other planners as needed and directed by Reliability Supervision to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Perform other related duties as designated by supervision.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- High School degree is required.
- Two-Year technical degree is preferred.
- Bilingual is a plus, English/Spanish.
- Must be computer fluent (MS Office Suite, EAM Software – i.e. Oracle,SAP, etc.)
- At least one-two years of field experience on maintenance and repair of mechanical/electrical equipment is required.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.