With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
We are seeking a Sr. Water Resources Analyst to join our Water Resources team! We are looking for a Sr. Analyst who has a genuine interest in water, agricultural and policy, and possess strong skills in data, data analysis, and research. The ideal Sr. Analyst will enjoy asking questions, proposing ideas, working collaboratively, and using data to find solutions.
Responsibilities include, not limited to the following:
- Assist in preparing documents related to resource planning and meeting water demands.
- Research issues related to water supply at the state, local and federal level.
- Represents the company in the community and at public and professional meetings.
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of budgets for water resource projects and activities.
- Maintain accurate and organized financial records related to water costs.
- Collect and analyze financial data related to water resource operations, including production, distribution, maintenance, and infrastructure development.
- Assist with allocating costs associated with water resource management to various projects and departments (Invoice Coding).
- Identify cost drivers and evaluate the factors contributing to water-related expenses.
- Prepare regular financial reports and presentations to communicate cost analysis findings and recommendations to management and executives.
- Develop financial projections for water resource operations to support long and short-term planning and investment decisions.
- Analyze collected data to identify trends patterns and anomalies related to water resources planning.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams and government agencies to address supply planning and facilitate decision making.
- Collaborate with various departments, including Reporting, Accounting, Finance, Ranch Support and Property/Risk Management to gather data, insights and solve problems.
- Stay current with advancements in technology to continuously improve analysis methods and tools.
- Summarize complex information in numerical, verbal and or visual formats using maps, charts, and graphs to facilitate understanding by team members and executives.
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economics, Analytics, GIS, Agricultural Business, or a related field required.
- 5+-years conducting data and statistical analysis in a work or educational setting involving Excel, Tableau, Power BI and other software, such as R, SAS, Python, SQL, VBA, Tableau, ArcGIS, and QGIS.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
- Tableau and/or PowerBI – intermediate level experience required.
- Comfortable performing general administrative duties.
- Proficiency in financial software, spreadsheet applications, and data analysis tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation abilities.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to summarize and illustrate trends, develop, and execute database queries, and develop and format modeling inputs and outputs.
- A positive attitude and willingness to take ownership of assigned projects.
Pay Range: $80,000 - $90,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.