Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) is experiencing a period of significant transformation. Formed in 2020, Neptune Pacific Line acquired Pacific Direct Line, bringing together two of the South Pacific’s top shipping and logistics companies to support the full supply chain of our customers in the region. You might know us as Williams & Gosling Pte Ltd (W&G) who is part of NPDL; in turn owned by The Wonderful Company headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. Its other companies include FIJI Water and many more.
Pacific Forum Line (PFL) is part of the NPDL group of companies, together seamlessly linking transport, warehousing, depots, customs clearance services and fully integrate customers' supply chains across South Pacific markets. We have a rejuvenated service network covering the Samoas, Tonga, Cook Islands, Fiji and PNG, to and from just about anywhere in the world.
The Commercial Manager position based in Suva is responsible for driving the efficient and high performance of Pacific Forum Line (PFL) Agency sales, including achieving Fiji sales targets, generating new business, and ensuring the team provides optimum customer experience. This role reports to the General manager PFL based in New Zealand with a dotted line to the Managing Director Fiji NPDL.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for achieving results through the effective management of resources, as well as effective sales planning, execution, revenue generation and cost control
- Lead the development and implementation of best practice processes to achieve efficiencies and compliance with required standards and policies
- Measure PFL sales performance against budget
- Representing NPDL and PFL brands positively in the marketplace and at industry events
- Promote door to door services by taking advantage of inhouse clearance and trucking capabilities
- Lead and motivate other team members, providing vision, mentoring, direction, personal development discussions and reinforcing accountabilities
- Gain new business through prospecting and solution selling
- Manages key account relationships and relationships with external stakeholders
- Provide service that meets internal and external client needs
- Identify and increase revenue streams for the business
- Establish strong relationships that advance the company’s interests
- Develop business plans and development strategies to maximise company revenue
- Monitor competitor activity and schedules
- Research and identify any market trends, importantly identifying and proposing new customer strategic positioning
What you will bring to the table:
- Minimum 10 years relevant sales and commercial experience
- Minimum 5 years shipping experience
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in leadership role
- Good knowledge of the Samoa, Pago Pago and Tonga markets will be an advantage
- Act as a role model demonstrating unwavering commitment to the Wonderful Way Mission and Core Values
- Unwavering commitment to HSQE, health and wellbeing
- Strong financial acumen and ability to balance risk and cost to deliver positive outcomes
- Highly developed negotiation, relating and networking skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Results Driven and customer orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively at all levels of an organisation
- Positive reputation and integrity within shipping industry
- Previous experience with Cargo Wise would be beneficial
Our NPDL Contribution:
- Competitive benefits package (salary plus bonus)
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are passionate about sales in a shipping environment then this is the role for you!
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.