JUSTIN is an award-wining winery and fine dining establishment in Paso Robles. It's our pleasure to share that the Restaurant at JUSTIN is the only winery restaurant to have received both a 2022 MICHELIN Star and MICHELIN Green Star and most recently, a Five-Stars from Forbes 2023 Travel Guide. We are proud to be recognized for our sustainability practices, one-of-a-kind dinner experience and world-class excellence in hospitality.
We are seeking a Restaurant Server (Full-Time) to support the Restaurant team at our JUSTIN Estate (Chimney Rock location). This person will be responsible for pre and post-bussing of tables and supporting servers in delivering food and/or water. This person will support needed side duties to prepare and break down for dinner service and is expected to support the front-of-the-house team in exceeding guest expectations. 3
This is a full-time position, and the right candidate must have weekend availability.
- Execute the fine dining experience commensurate with JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery’s mission statement and core values
- Set-up and breakdown of dining room for service which can include polishing, table set-up, maintenance of fresh flower centerpieces, ensuring that the floor plan is reflective of reservations
- Participate and ensure compliance with all opening and closing duties as needed
- Understand table numbers and how, where to serve and buss tables
- Knowledge of menu dishes and tasting room offerings
- Assist server in pre-bussing (proper flatware is on table prior to dish)
- Assist in post bussing (remove plates, clear tables, cleanliness of tables)
- Support servers in serving plates to guests
- Attend staff Hospitality meetings
- Responsible for communicating dining room supply needs to the manager
- Educate and inform oneself of all new JUSTIN releases as well as JUSTIN Library wines, viticulture and winemaking techniques
- 2 years of fine dining restaurant experience
- Genuine understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service
- Grace under pressure; a strong sense of urgency, insistent attention to detail with a desire to exceed customer’s expectations
- A thorough understanding of food, to include origins, prep methods and techniques, ingredients and ingredient combinations
- A strong food vocabulary and ability to understand a sophisticated food menu
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
Pay Range: $15.60 - $16.00, plus tips per scheduled shift. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.