With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. 35 years strong, and still growing! Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
As directed by the supervisor, and observing all safety rules of the company, perform preventative maintenance in support of the irrigation maintenance department and agricultural related work both manually and/or with the use of equipment..
Functions include but are not limited to the following. Must be able to move freely between tasks depending on work load, season, etc.
- Hands-on shop & in-field assembling, inspections, cleaning, documentation, adjustments, & replacements of various irrigation pump & motor mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshooting, repair, installation, & assessments of other mechanical equipment such as pumps, valves, fittings, switches, gauges, & lubrication controls. (gearboxes level II)
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems that arise or that may be encountered. Report corrective actions as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on panel, motors and pumps such as oiling motors and greasing pumps
Water Well development support:
- Setup land for new well development according to given specifications– excavating land, installing pvc pipes, and ensuring safety protocols are adhered to
Heavy Equipment Operation:
- All terrain forklifts
- Backhoe (level II)
- Cleaning up of roadways, equipment yards, shops
- Address minor irrigation fixes
- Keep equipment stocked
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, shall, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Critical Skills (Soft skills/ transferable)
- Meet all General Laborer critical skills
- Consistently follow standard work and standard operating procedures.
- Satisfactory reading comprehension of manuals, directions, safety hazards
- Satisfactory communication skills including writing emails, texts, report outs
- Self-directed individual with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to take and read various measurements – land depth, length, voltage
Functional Skills (Hard skills/ job-specific)
- Basic to Advance knowledge of: Pumps, motors, filter stations, sulfur burners, gypsum machine, fertilizer and acid pumps
- Read, understand and apply Operating Manuals, plans and specifications and visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- The ability to drive a truck and trailer. The ability to properly secure a load.
- Experience using Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Comprehension and practice of farm safety, electrical safety and trench safety
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Level I:
- No formal education or experience is required for this position. Training is provided
- Preferred: 2 years working with Agricultural Farm Equipment preferred and/or 1 year working experience with Wonderful farming operations
- Level II:
- 1 year working experience in Irrigation Maintenance department or 2 years external experience
- Pass Level I assessment given by Irrigation Maintenance management
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Valid state driver’s license
- Class A is a plus
- Billingual is a plus.
-Pay Range: $20.00/hour - $25.00/hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.