Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-12.
Our students have access to technology in all grades, from hands-on STEM learning for younger students in a fully equipped "maker's space" to school-provided laptops for older students. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. Through a unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over the course of four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond!
Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great philanthropic partnerships.
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for providing technical support to students, teachers, administrators, and support staff at Wonderful College Prep Academy, a K-12 school environment. This individual will be the first point of contact for technical issues and will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical support to students, teachers, administrators, and support staff
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to hardware, software, and network infrastructure
- Respond to and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Document and track all support requests and resolutions using an automated ticketing system
- Communicate effectively with customers to understand the nature of the problem and provide accurate and appropriate solutions
- Prioritize and manage multiple support requests simultaneously
- Maintain and update technical documentation
- Provide training and support to end-users on technology devices and software
- Continuously improve and update technical skills
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required and AA in related field preferred not required.
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical support role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of common classroom technology devices and software
- Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and protocols
- Experience using an automated ticketing system
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A passion for technology and education
- A+ and/or Network+ certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience working in a K-12 educational environment is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience project management
- Clearance of FBI/DOJ
- TB clearance
- Mandated reporter certificate
- Experience in working with a diverse student population.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Knowledge and cultural competence of the local student and parent community
- Highly developed interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Comfort in a start-up environment and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to use a variety of software programs and quickly learn new ones
- Environment: Office environment; fast paced work, constant interruptions.
- Physical requirements: Hearing and speaking to exchange information, make presentations and communicate over the telephone; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents and view computer monitors; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects; ability to go to sites apart from primary office to conduct business.
Pay Range: $24.00-$29.00/hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Highly competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, which includes annual performance and retention bonuses
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance at no cost for the employee, 403b with company match, and STRS retirement pension.
- Full-day onsite preschool for $60 per week
- College scholarships for employees' children
- Access to many Wonderful Company perks including the corporation health clinic and fitness center
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly Central Valley has much to offer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.