JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is located in the Paso Robles region of California's Central Coast. We operate with a desire to make world class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area. We take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques.
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is one of America’s leading and most recognizable luxury wines. We are currently looking for an Associate Brand Manager to assist in developing and implementing the consumer marketing strategy for our wine brands under the JUSTIN umbrella: JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, Lewis Cellars, Landmark Vineyards, and JNSQ. The ABM will stay abreast of competitive and consumer trends, identify new growth opportunities, and drive the development of new creative assets and execution of marketing initiatives. As an integral part of the JUSTIN team, a candidate must have experience with consumer marketing and be a strong team player. This position offers limitless opportunity for learning and experience.
- Supports in the development and execution of brand strategy
- Drives the execution of ongoing marketing initiatives and campaigns for the brands, and leads the annual brand planning process to identify new strategic growth opportunities
- Manages the creative development process with the Wonderful Agency to support DTC (Wine Society, E-Commerce and Hospitality) and On-Premise channel projects. Writes creative briefs and provides creative direction to ensure consistent and compelling brand messaging
- Works closely with agency teams (e.g., PR, Digital Strategy, Media Planning, Consumer Research) to develop strategies to grow brand awareness and build brand equity
- Supports in the development and execution of all Hospitality & DTC marketing efforts, including wine club collateral, email marketing, and on-property events
- Project-manages ongoing packaging updates and new product development initiatives, working closely with sourcing, planning, and NPD (New Product Development)
- Assists with updates to the brand websites, including product, property, and brand story pages, ensuring all information is accurate and up-to-date
- Leverages multiple data sources to analyze the performance of our wine brands, as well as the luxury wine category, and tracks key success metrics around our marketing efforts
- Collaborates with Trade and Sales teams to provide creative, analytical, and ad-hoc support
- Work cross functionally with the Wonderful Agency, PR & Events, eCommerce, Hospitality, Retail and On-Premise Sales, Trade Marketing, Logistics, Finance, as well as with various external partners
- Develops and consistently communicates compelling brand positions and USPs
- Submits invoices and manages marketing budget tracker
- Builds collaborative relationships across the organization
- 2-3 years marketing experience in beverage or CPG (consumer packaged goods) companies strongly preferred
- Strong passion for consumer marketing and a desire to learn
- Superior strategic, creative, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to process is a must
- Alcohol industry experience or knowledge of the three-tier system is a plus
- BA degree in Marketing or related field; MBA is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious, strong attention to detail, self-starting
- Executional excellence that showcases attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills that facilitate interdivisional networking
- Understanding of the following areas: packaging, advertising, communications, point-of-sale marketing, e-commerce
- Experience working with syndicated data, preferably IRI or ACNielsen
Pay Range: $95,000 - $115,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos.
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.