Are you passionate about driving innovation and excellence in the shipping industry?
Do you have a proven track record in software implementation, training, and optimizing vessel performance?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) is experiencing a period of significant transformation. Formed in 2020, Neptune Pacific Line acquired Pacific Direct Line, bringing together two of the South Pacific’s top shipping and logistics companies to support the full supply chain of our customers in the region. NPDL is part of The Wonderful Company headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. Its other companies include FIJI Water, Justin and Landmark Vineyards, Vintage Nurseries, Wonderful Citrus, Wonderful Pistachios, Teleflora, POM Wonderful and Suterra.
As the Manager of Software Implementation & Vessel Performance, your pivotal role within the technical department revolves around ensuring the successful implementation of new Ship Management Software across all ships and shore offices. Your primary responsibility lies in providing comprehensive training to all company employees, including both shore and ship staff, enabling them to proficiently utilize the various modules and functions of the Ship Management Software.
Furthermore, you will actively work to decrease overall energy consumption on board vessels through a range of measures. These measures encompass monitoring the hull condition, conducting regular follow-ups with vessels to optimize fuel consumption of various machineries on board. Additionally, you will actively engage with various class and flags for the submission of crucial data, such as IMO DCS, EU MRV, etc., in compliance with relevant regulations. Monitoring EEXI and CII compliance will also fall under your purview to ensure adherence to the required standards.
There are two main areas you will be responsible for:
Training and Implementation of Ship Management software:
- Ensuring data (i.e.spares, jobs, class, inventory, location and machinery planned maintenance system (MPMS certification) are accurately built, mapped and maintained in the PMS module.
- Monitoring and review job frequencies, overdue jobs and defects jobs on a routine basis.
- Managing the entire lifecycle of software for various modules including initial setup, activities and forms creation and modification, workflow changes and resolve queries from the Marine & Technical Team.
- Providing regular training to ship staff on ERP at company office for new joining staff / remotely through online meetings / by going on company managed vessels.
- Supporting and monitor any issues arising from the vessels by taking remote of vessel computers.
- Making sure that the software is utilised to full extent by the vessels.
- Regular communication with external vendor to resolve the issues and successful implementation of various modules.
- Preparing monthly reports and analytics for internal stakeholders’ review.
- Be the key driver for auditing our vessels’ process and compliance.
- Carrying out various analysis from the data captured through the software to ensure and improve efficiency and increase productivity.
Support the Vessel Performance & Energy Management/ Optimization activities:
- Monitoring fleet for energy efficiency or optimization and comply with the Emission regulatory directives.
- Data collection, verification, submission of IMO DCS, EU MRV and other declarations to flag and port states.
- By doing data quality checks on daily noon reports.
- Analysing Power vs speed trends to identify Hull fouling. Advising technical/ operations department for Hull cleaning for the vessel if Hull is expected to be fouled.
- Keep abreast of any regulations, technology or other developments in relation to energy efficiency by interacting with shipping industry parties
- Must be abIe to implement company objectives of fuel efficiency, vessel performance monitoring, CO2 reduction, monetize.
- Monitoring and analyse performance data of the vessels.
- Do feasibility studies on improving the energy conservation on board vessels such as use of alternate fuels, using energy efficiency devices etc.
- Providing regular training to ship staff on best practices of energy conservation on board the vessels.
- Preparing & send out monthly / quarterly / half yearly & annual fleet performance reports & comparisons to management & commercial
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering, with a profound understanding of the shipping industry.
- Sea-going experience, especially in Senior Ranks, is desirable though not mandatory.
- Possess a minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in a similar field and/or with a service provider.
- Knowledgeable in Planned Maintenance systems and adept at implementing ship management software.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, enabling effective data interpretation.
- Exhibits excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, fostering efficient collaboration within multicultural teams.
- Displays an analytical mindset, adept at identifying and interpreting trends.
- Possesses robust interpersonal and communication abilities, effectively engaging with crew members of diverse nationalities and offices across the South Pacific.
- Holds intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
This full time, permanent role can be based in Singapore or Auckland, New Zealand. You will have the right to live and work in Singapore or New Zealand at the time of applying. The successful candidate may be subject to undergo a Police Check and/or Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Our NPDL Contribution:
- *Competitive benefits package
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are ready to take on a challenging role that allows you to make a significant impact on our operations and shape the future of the shipping industry, then apply now.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.