Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Perform the responsibilities of the Operations Coordinator for multiple citrus varieties processed through the packing facility. Plans, prepares and communicates production schedules for the packing of all fresh citrus at the New Jersey facility. Manage the flow and inventory of packaging materials as necessary and will coordinate needs between production and sales departments.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as Liaison between our Sales Department, Transportation and Operations.
- Clearly communicates to Sales Department the following situations: 1) Production forecast and run plans. 2) Out Stock or oversupply conditions with all inventories. 3) Excess Plant capacities. 4) Production constraints. 5) Fruit constraints. (6) Update customer Specs and communicate to operations.
- Determine daily line capacities and fully utilize any excess
- Creates, updates, and releases production estimates for each variety
- Creates, updates, and releases daily run lists, and pack batches
- Schedule rotation of set-backs to ensure maximum yield
- Assure that all area leads have all of the information they need to execute schedules.
- Review SPM levels to minimize production shortages and over-pack
- Report out daily schedule adherence for all production lines
- Monitor and maintain dry good levels
- End of month inventory process for dry goods
Facility Supply Coordination
- Coordinate with NJ team for facility needs and enter all expense item requisitions
- Send expense item po’s to vendor in a timely manner, with accuracy
- Liaison with procurement/vendor on inventory items to prevent shortages/overstock
- Verify all expense/inventory items received
- Maintain spreadsheet with inventory number, orders, deliveries, vendor info, etc.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Previous experience in handling inventory, purchasing, materials planning and cost control.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience in inventory analysis and experience in purchasing practices.
- Previous work experience with Oracle inventory modules preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and familiarity with computer spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel).
- Proficient in Excel.
- Must be very self-driven and self-motivated to accomplish goals in a busy environment.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.