The pioneer of Paso Robles, CA, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world-class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. Over the past decades the winery continues to grow and expand its production capabilities.
We are seeking a hands-on, mechanically inclined, PLC-oriented, continuous learner who loves to tinker and prototype to add to our maintenance team. This new Maintenance Manager will support our state-of-the-art wine production and bottling line facilities.
In this newly created position, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop under an industry-leading Senior Manager who has dealt with all aspects of maintaining, fabricating, and modifying production equipment. This position would support wastewater systems, ammonia refrigeration systems, freon process refrigeration systems, and an automated bottling line.
- Program, troubleshoot, repair, and sustain the plant equipment and facilities in a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established operational procedures
- Maintain and troubleshoot the Bottling Equipment and Filter Operations quickly and monitor the Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Bottling Line Maintenance tasks
- Re-wire/ re-configure new or existing control panels Low Voltage Control to 480 VAC including mounting of devices and wiring them up. Including PLC Systems.
- Complete checks on the Refrigeration System (Freon and NH3) and complete and file or submit the required inspection paperwork
- Perform checks and lab analysis of the Wastewater and Stormwater System, submitting the appropriate paperwork to the proper agency
- On a project basis, design and assist in the fabrication (cut, weld, drill, grind) things that range from brackets up to complete machines
- Identify any spares necessary for re-ordering and set up of a ‘Stock Room’
- Handle general facility maintenance, from fixing electrical plugs, unclogging toilets, cleaning storm drains, to replacing fixtures on a 30 ft scissor lift and everything in between
- Request PO Numbers and order parts as necessary for parts re-stocking or projects
- Champion WOW (Way of Work), the company's continuous improvement program
- 5+ years of experience as a seasoned Maintenance Technician in a manufacturing or bottling/packaging facility with an expert understanding of PLCs, control circuits and electrical theory
- 2+ years of experience managing and directing maintenance staff
- Universal Freon certification and engineering degree preferred
- Work well with others in complex troubleshooting scenarios and possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate solutions
- Be a continual learner: keep up with new technologies to improve equipment reliability and performance; willingness to learn and listen
- Have general knowledge of mechanical equipment, tools, motor control circuits and ability to run Lathe and mill
- Understand safety and security protocols — observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Demonstrate strong ability to work well under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, while staying safe and not being afraid to get dirty
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to drive a Forklift and a Scissor Lift
- Desire to learn and apply the Wonderful Way Values to our everyday processes
Pay Range: $100,000 - $120,000 base salary and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Sign up for job alerts
Submit your email address and stay up to date on job alerts and other Wonderful career opportunities.
Join our Wonderful Talent Community
Interested in becoming part of Wonderful one day? Join today to start receiving exciting updates about our company, our employees, and our culture.